Saturday 26 May 2012

Paintings in my head and heart

However they can't be seen unless   i free my hands from the daily grind and get down to painting on paper !  the week or two in my last blog has now stretched to about 7 months-haven't started on anything new  and thats killing me . i know if i take a very long   gap - i lose the rhythm -it takes a while to get back to  sketching and painting at the speed  that i like . i also realise somewhere procrastination and cribbing about procrastinating is turning out to be a good excuse for not painting. for example - instead of writing this crib note i could easily be planning something out. why can't i plan something at  a short notice - there are excuses for that as well - Oil colors - turpentine and linseed oils  not the best thing to have around  when you have young children at home  , acrylics - to static and stubborn for my liking  , water  colors - you live on the  edge when you paint - one stroke gone wrong - and the painting loses its radiance ,soft pastels-my most favorite -yes they are the one  i can start with  instantly.combination of soft pastels and water colors - works best for me -instinctive bias - closest to natural and organic colors to paint with. since this blog happens to be the only space where i  live  an "artist's life" -let me also tell you  what  my  next subject to paint will  be "sweet peas and sunshine"- i have been planning to paint this for  the  last 4 years.hoping that i will start and finish before the fifth year is out. hoping that i will  be able to keep my promise this time ....

No comments: